When the Internet boomed and online marketing turned into an essential component for businesses — even for dental clinics. Most people consider the Internet as the most reliable research tool. By using it, individuals can learn about several topics and acquire general pieces of information, including those related to medicine. The Internet will allow them to evaluate dental or medical services, compare offers, and make an informed decision when selecting a local dental clinic.
The advantages of being in an online platform has made it essential for dental practitioners (and others in the medical field) to build a strong online presence. In fact, statistics shows how beneficial online presence can be: 75% of patients use search engines before scheduling a visit.
If you properly execute local search engine optimization (SEO), you have the chance to stand on top of the search engine rankings, and potential patients in the local area can learn about your dental practice.
Proven ideas on how you can attract new customers using local SEO:
1. Create a local business listing
When a patient is searching for a dentist (or specialist) in a local area, they search on search engines (Google, Yahoo, and Bing) using keywords like “dental clinic in Guelph” or “dentures in Southwestern Ontario”. For this reason, it’s important to claim and create an business listing online. Potential patients looking for the services you offer can find you easily.
Start by going to Google My Business Listing. Search engines like Google will display your clinic on the map along with your contact details and other relevant information.
2. Optimize your local business listing
After claiming your listing, you need verification.
Fill out as much information as needed.
- Add quality, high-resolution images.
- Fill out working hours, services, and local phone number.
- Add a short description of your business with local keywords.
- Include your website, bookings, and your social media platforms.
3. Make your website mobile-friendly
- Create a mobile-friendly website and add clear messaging to allow patients to find and read your information.
- Add appointment booking options or a contact form to directly take your patients appointment.
- Avoid platforms that offers suspicious appointment bookings with listing services at cheap rates. You may risk your patient’s data with such listing companies.
4. Share your dental health advice by blogging
Make blogging a habit. Did you know that updating and republishing new content on your blog posts increases your search engine’s organic traffic by 111%? If you already have a website, sharing your dental knowledge through blogging can help elevate your online presence.
You can start by simply sharing dental health tips, recommendations, and dietary advice with patients through your social media pages. This simple method can help spread brand awareness, and help you gain followers, leads, and ultimately new customers.
5. Use social media to engage with patients
Social media platforms like Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter, are a great medium for connecting with your patients and getting in front of their friends and family. This increases your business among local residents.
Facebook is by far the only network that is capable of offering complete online marketing opportunities. You can target local visitors who’ve visited your website and interact with them through your pages and posts. Target and promote your dental service or product around your practice.
For local dental practices who are looking to grow their business online, you need to execute custom online marketing solutions. It takes time, dedication, and consistency together with the steps above. SEO will aid your advertising efforts in growing your dental practice and attracting new patients all year-round.